That would be a circuit interrupter. Those are the things you see on a pole
near the transmission line that look sort of like a big knife switch with some
curly wires at one end.

They're essentially a circuit breaker and will make a loud "pop" when they open.

The linesman will use a hotstick to reset it. If it's really damp and cool at
night when they reset it you can often see a corona around the stick and the
linesman when they do this. Cool.

Dan