Curly wrote:
> But WHO hired the contractor?   I'm guessing the EPA (expensive pollution
> agency) wrote the specs and hired the contractor.  That means the  expensive
> pollution agency is responsible.  If they'd have left it alone, nothing
> would have happened.

This is a whole lotta stuff in the river in one slug but every
wastewater plant in the country discharges the same amount over time.
The solution to pollution is dilution.  Animas River is a good enough
dilution source.  The pollution will not be noticed over time.  i.e.
look at dead zones in the Mississippi River delta.
mao