Not that they CAN'T; more likely that they don't WANT to.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT streetlights in the country

I wonder if the power company can put a switch in so it can be turned off? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2015, at 11:54 PM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

It's security lighting.  It's convenient to just have the power company
install/activate one, assuming it's in a good location. Cost is about the same. But you won't be able to turn it off. I installed my own photo-eye lights (sodium and mercury vapor) on my barn with switches so I can control
them.  That also let me place them where I wanted them vs the existing
poles.