I also am in the trucking industry, managing the maintenance and repair of over
220 semi's, all from my computer and phone.  When I'm in my 4 wheeler(I also
posess a CDL), I constantly see reasons why we should have regulations similar
to those in the commercial traffic realm.  Many drivers/cars should be put "out
of service" until the proper level of safety is attained.  All states should
have mandatory yearly checks for POI(inusrance) and the safety condition of the
automobile.
I dislike gov't over-regulation, but this is an area that is severely
under-regulated.

Luther

~
~I just had to say something here because, besides presently owning and
~driving a 115 and a 107 (...and the old 123--gone but not forgotten), I
~drive an 18-wheeler for a living most of the time and have done so for
~over 30 years.
~

--
Luther   KB5QHU