> On August 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes"
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> My neighbor gave it to me because it was burning oil.

I've got one of those. MTD with 15hp single cylinder Briggs.
He said he had to take a bath after mowing because of the oil cloud condensing
on him.
Then when the starter died, he bought a new Husqvarna by AYP.
I was going to replace the starter and sell it until he told me how badly it
smoked.
It's about the same vintage (22 years old) as my MTD that's identical except
mine has a wider
deck and a twin cylinder engine. So the 15hp is just a parts machine, but it was
free.
My only complaint is I bought a $50 battery a month before he gave me the spare
tractor.

Mitch.