What about the deposits remaining at the bottom of the river?  Those may
persist long after the solubles have flown away.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Mountain
Man via Mercedes
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:13 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Mountain Man
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: EPA

Curly wrote:
> But WHO hired the contractor?   I'm guessing the EPA (expensive pollution
> agency) wrote the specs and hired the contractor.  That means the
> expensive pollution agency is responsible.  If they'd have left it
> alone, nothing would have happened.

This is a whole lotta stuff in the river in one slug but every wastewater
plant in the country discharges the same amount over time.
The solution to pollution is dilution.  Animas River is a good enough
dilution source.  The pollution will not be noticed over time.  i.e.
look at dead zones in the Mississippi River delta.
mao