I had to put a new deck belt on today, it had a rather elaborate mulching kit
on it that went way up under the deck. I removed that as there is no way I
could now with it on. Maybe later. I mowed one lap around the yard and it
bogged down a few times starting to burn the belt so I cut the pto off. On the
2nd lap it kept bogging down to the point the blades would not spin it was like
the electric pto was slipping. I also kept getting a big bunch of grass stuck
up under the deck which was keeping the blades from turning. I think it was
because the blades are not turn fast enough to kick it out. So a quick google
search and I think I need to adjust the pto clutch. There are supposedly 3 nuts
you turn in to tighten it. I was also getting some oil smoke but I think it was
probably just burning some crud out of the exhaust. After it runs a while will
see if it is still using oil. It shouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone