Yoopers are probably the equivalent of Alaskans when it comes to nutjobbery.
To live in that rural of an area you’ve got to be a little off kilter, I
believe.

Bought our first house (in Indianapolis) from a guy and his new wife who were
going to run a hunting lodge 40 miles north of Manistique in the Hiawatha
National Forest.  Logging roads were it for transportation, and snowmobiles
mandatory for winter travel.

The wife’s daughter was friends with my secretary’s daughter.  Word was that
mom bailed after the first winter and swore to never return.

I was once told the mosquito was the state bird of the UP.

Dan