Yep, and don't forget those little black flies. One bit me on right ankle my second day there; it musta itched for 30 years.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Okie Benz" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Escape the heat WUZ: heat

Yoopers are probably the equivalent of Alaskans when it comes to nutjobbery. To live in that rural of an area you’ve got to be a little off kilter, I believe.

Bought our first house (in Indianapolis) from a guy and his new wife who were going to run a hunting lodge 40 miles north of Manistique in the Hiawatha National Forest. Logging roads were it for transportation, and snowmobiles mandatory for winter travel.

The wife’s daughter was friends with my secretary’s daughter. Word was that mom bailed after the first winter and swore to never return.

I was once told the mosquito was the state bird of the UP.

Dan