If you're karma improves, you've got a stuck kick-down switch.  Try
disconnecting that.

Next would be fluid and filter change.  I think Curly has experience with
filters clogging up and collapsing and causing all manner of misbehavior?
I think Mann is the recommended filter, if you don't buy at the dealer?

Max
Charleston SC