Ah, it all changed in 1968, especially for the W108/9.  The coarse MB tex,
the new ugly soft knobs, the heater levers that fell apart, the harsh strip
of MB Tex across the dash, things were painted sliver instead of chrome,
the start of some emissions controls, the torque converter.  The list goes
on and on.

Give me a 1967 250S, 250SE, or 300SEL over any later car any day.  I've
owned both, several of each.

Jaime
'67 300SEL, among others.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On 20/08/2015 9:54 AM, Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
>
>> What does too old in a clarinet mean?
>>>

>> Whatever she wants it to mean?  Played out (they don't last
>> forever, hot breath and saliva attack the wood).  Old ergonomics.
>> Not impressive enough to her friends.  The list goes on...
>>
>> In this case, 1955 is the watershed year for the brand, similar
>> to 1968 for Mercedes.  Both of my finds are before this date.
>>
>> -- Jim

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/