> On August 21, 2015 at 10:10 AM Rich Thomas via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure how they can make any money with the free shipping on stuff
> but it is all reasonable quality, probably the same stuff every other
> store sells just factory direct with minimal markup.

The Chinese postal service subsidizes export packages like crazy.
It's cheaper to mail some minor electronic trinket (like an OBD II bluetooth
dongle)
from Shanghai to my house than it is to mail a letter from next door to my
house.
Meanwhile, USPS wants $2.70 for a sub ounce domestic package because it's more
than 1/8" thick.

Mitch.