Anyone familiar with 108 vapor lock issues?

As far back (at least) as the 111 (1960) MB used a return flow system, to keep cooler Benzin flowing to the carbs. This helps to minimize problems. First step is to make sure the valve that controls the return flow to the tank is working properly.

That and working on the lousy zenith dual carbs on a 250S are the limits of my MB carbureted gasser experience. I avoid them like the plague, but the 220Sb with the dual solex were ok.