I assume Curly's spell checker meant “lovely” when referring to the Zenith’s!
:-)  My M108 may not be the quickest off the line with only 2.5l, but it runs
great with no hesitation at all in acceleration.  It loves 55-75 mph, but will
get to 90 in a heartbeat and sometimes find myself cruising along at 85 on the
interstate.

As far as the vapor lock issue is concerned, yes, it can be a problem and it
was for me until I realized the fuel return valve was totally petrified with
fuel sediment after sitting for close to 15 years.  Tom Hanson has the correct
part at the Classic Center.  I’d get the whole valve as it has to work just
right.  Make sure it is threaded correctly and tight.  If not it will spew fuel
directly onto the hot exhaust manifold.  Ask me how I know…

I am guessing the vapor lock occurs in the large metal fuel line that passes
directly in front of the valve cover as that is the only place the fuel line
passes something that gets really warm.  I have seen some of these motors with
custom insulated fuel hoses replacing this line.

I love my 250S with the M108 engine.  Thanks again to Jaime for the advice and
occasional unobtainium part.

Jon