Au contraire.  We are in an era of DEflation.  Oil may go down to the
$30s/bbl.

So that means we the taxpayers can cut your salary by 70-75%, right? If oil is the benchmark, then everything else should deflate also?

Unfortunately the goobers have been inflating (weimar style) the currency desperately to try to mask the massive damage the bummer and his minions have done to the economy. The natural thing would have been to have 6 yrs of deflation as the economy shrinks, but instead we had mostly stable conditions with some inflation and some deflation in items or sectors. With the chicom meltdown, The mask may come off here also.