Alles.I'm in the market for a new snowblower and a tracked, steerable one seem to be what I need.Last winter whilst I struggled to use the olde Ariens that I have had, lo these many years, I discovered that my old muscles ain't what they used to be.Recommendations?

Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred.

Fred,

Read this.  some insight, but no clear answer.

Hatz Diesel engine conversion idea is interesting for us Dieselfolk

I see airens makes some with tracks, but I didn't see anything about steering.

The big old whirlwind (36" to 42" single blade) and similar mowers from the 40s and 50s had the sulky seat you rode on, as in the one post. I think it was hard work to steer them from the seat, but I never ran one.