You just have to be really careful about hooking the lever that projects out of
it onto the internal injection pump linkage.  Do it wrong and the pump ends up
at WOT.  Not a pleasant thing.

Once you insert the lever, pull back on the whole assembly gently to determine
that it’s hooked.

At least this is what I recall about replacing them….

Dan