The '87 TD is shifting properly again.Changed the trans oil and filter with the
correct Mann filter, (use anything else and you die).The filter coming out was
Meyle, origin unknown, and the oil was mostly red with some minor
particulates..While under there taking off the trans pan, I noticed that the
front exhaust pipe mount was missing one rubber thingummybob, which was
replaced forthwith!As I was instructed, replaced the
mumbleshifterbushingsmumble. The car runs as it should.Tomorrow is fix the
front seat memory loss and no movement, maybe a laxative?

Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred.