The '87 TD is shifting properly again.Changed the trans oil and filter with the correct Mann filter, (use anything else and you die).The filter coming out was Meyle, origin unknown, and the oil was mostly red with some minor particulates..While under there taking off the trans pan, I noticed that the front exhaust pipe mount was missing one rubber thingummybob, which was replaced forthwith!As I was instructed, replaced the mumbleshifterbushingsmumble. The car runs as it should.Tomorrow is fix the front seat memory loss and no movement, maybe a laxative?

Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred.

Waytago!

Sounds like your seat is missing electrojuicity, if it both lost its mind and its movement. As Dan said check/change fuse.