Search out the audio of him calling his tailor to get some new trousers made.

--R

On 8/27/15 6:24 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
While it’s a huge amount of reading, I highly recommend Robert Caro’s biography
(4-5 books) on Lyndon Johnson.  If you only read one of them, read the latest
(4th) book, “The Passage of Power”.

I never really thought that much about LBJ, despite having a keen interest in
the politics of the 1960s, but this book goes well into him as an individual
and how he struggled with Kennedy’s legacy as well as the assumption of the
presidency.  While there’s no doubt he was the epitome of the “good old Texas
boy” and certainly had some questionable political activities, as an individual
he was actually a pretty good guy who truly wanted the poor and underprivileged
to be successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Years_of_Lyndon_Johnson
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Years_of_Lyndon_Johnson>

Dan