Good one. I'd read about the development of this procedure before, but
hadn't seen a movie of it in action.

It makes me think that is we did this today, a glider club could launch
sailplanes twice as fast as they do with the tow plane landing after each
tow - they could just circle around, constantly pulling gliders into the
air - too cool. My 182 used to have a glider tow hook, might have to find
another one . . .

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> For the military aviation buffs:
>

> http://warisboring.com/articles/the-snatch-method-was-one-crazy-way-to-make-a-glider-fly/

OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!