Nice article. I would have sent it to him if he was still alive.

My Dad was in a glider training program for WWII, luckily the program was suspended before my Dad was shipped over. His training took place in Texas I think. Program was stopped because of high casualty rates during the landing process.

-----Original Message----- From: OK Don via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 7:06 PM
To: Mitch Haley ; Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: OK Don
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: C-47 glider towing

Good one. I'd read about the development of this procedure before, but
hadn't seen a movie of it in action.

It makes me think that is we did this today, a glider club could launch
sailplanes twice as fast as they do with the tow plane landing after each
tow - they could just circle around, constantly pulling gliders into the
air - too cool. My 182 used to have a glider tow hook, might have to find
another one . . .

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <