      From: Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 10:15 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] Sudden loss of mystery oil in W123 300TD wagon

I came hope loaded with mulch after a long drive, backed up the driveway
and then noticed drips of oil and followed them back into the street.  Then
I saw a lake of thinnish oil under the REAR of the car, dripping lustily.
I caught what was left in a drip pan and checked fluids under the hood.
All seemed to be OK so I am concluding tentatively that this is rear diff
fluid.  The self leveling suspension fluid level seems normal, and besides,
SLS fluid is clear and not black.

I have a tow truck lined up first thing tomorrow morning.  Has this sudden
catastrophic loss of rear diff oil ever happened to anyone else?

Andrew
1983 300TD
1985 300TD