Front end of the car is the same, rear is not usable much for body parts.
Interior is sort of swappable.  Seats work if you can hook up the vac lines.
Doors are almost the same.  Door cards work for both.  Rear suspension is not
the same.

The idea is to have a screw around car that I do not need to learn all manner
of parts and spec to keep on the road

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers