I don't see how the spheres could turn the oil black while I do see how the
engine oil could.

-Curt

      From: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>; Curt Raymond
<curtlud...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sudden loss of mystery oil in W123 300TD wagon

This is a chicken and egg kind of thing. Did the SLS pump fail, sending oil
through the system that damaged the spheres? If so, did this the flex hose to
rupture? On the other hand, if the spheres were already defective, could this
somehow have led to contamination of the SLS fluid, turning it black? Inquiring
minds want to know.

On Aug 31, 2015 4:28 PM, "Curt Raymond via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>