      From: RA via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: r...@rhonald.me
 Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 12:01 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] '85 123 vacuum system

I finally reached the point where the engine will not shut off when
removing the key last week.  I must use the stop button under the hood
each time.  The door locks also stopped working.  A mechanic has found
one source in the drivers door and something else under the hood.  He
says there is a still a leak somewhere, he is not getting the 20 psi to
restore all functionality.  He says he is not getting any air to the
tailgate area.

I received an MBZ parts catalog and am reviewing the Vacuum System
1977-85 on page 15.  I am losing confidence in his ability to properly
troubleshoot and repair the system.

Any thoughts on where else to look?

Thanks

1985 300TD 241,000 miles