The guy I got my 1994 S420 has a 300SDL he’s looking to get rid of.  Like the
S420, he poured far more money into it than he did driving time, and it was
supposedly as nice or nicer than the S420 when he bought it a few years ago.

This isn’t the rodbender, is it? What should I look for/ask about?  I know the
W126 chassis well, but not the M603 engine or relatedc running gear.

I may take a look at it in a week or two.  I would really like to get back into
a W126, and even better, a diesel.  Back to a simpler time….