For the short while I owned an SDL, it was a real blast.  If the car is in very
good condition, then I would jump on it.  Not a rodbender, and upgrades from
the early w126.  Lots of leg room, land yacht feel, but the OM603 puts out
enough power to get it moving.  No slower in my seat of the pants than a 380SE.

What to look out for would be the Trap oxidizer and that all the standard
underhood items are functional.  Goes without saying that there should be a big
stack of history in a file.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers