The most widely-used US glider in WWII was the Waco CG-4 with 15 seats.  The
larger CG-10 could carry almost 11K lb of cargo (like two howitzers).  These
were basically one-time-use throw-away aircraft, a far cry from today's sail
planes.  I am surprised that any American did not know about this effort but
I guess much has changed since I went to school.  But maybe that explains
much.

> Andrew Strasfogel said:   Wow, this is the first I heard of gliders during
WWII.  I wonder what the