As someone mentioned previously, if you ever watched “The Longest Day”, which
is probably one of the best ever movies made about D-Day, you would have seen
numerous references to gliders.

If you haven’t see the movie I highly advise doing so.  It’s well done and
pretty historically accurate.

I saw some of “Patton” the other day.  I love that guy.

Dan