In general, Dan, the SDL is everything you love about these cars.  You need
to get your hands on this one, it sounds great.  Well maintained cars are
in big demand and get very high prices.

I'd love to have another myself!

Jaime

On Thursday, September 3, 2015, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The head was replaced and the engine rebuilt at some time in the car’s
> past.  I don’t have details yet but I’m getting them shortly.  He says
> there’s a good 3" thick file folder of service records.
>
> This guy buys really, really nice examples of MBs and then spends whatever
> necessary to bring them up to 110%.  He’s done this with the intent to keep
> them, but his business is growing exponentially and he started a family
> recently.  As you might expect, time available for MB fun and games has
> pretty much evaporated, so he’s thinning out the herd.
>
> He’s the one I bought the 94 S420 from.  It’s not perfect, but it’s
> certainly one of the nicest W140s I’ve seen of its vintage in a long time.
>
> Dan
>

> > On Sep 3, 2015, at 7:16 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > No, just considering this as a second car if the price would be right.
> >
> > Why, you want the S430?
> >
> > I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again:
> >
> > After the W140 Mercedes became a commodity, I think.  The styling does
> nothing to distinguish the cars from any others on the road.  The fit and
> finish isn’t that great, and the build quality is so-so.  Interiors look
> fake and plasticky, not luxurious.
> >
> > The S430 is a good car, and I’m happy with it as transportation, but
> unlike models that preceded it, it has no soul.
> >
> > Dan
> >

> >> On Sep 2, 2015, at 9:44 PM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >>
> >> You gonna unload the S430?
> >>
> >> --R (sent from my miniPad)
> >>
> >> On Sep 2, 2015, at 8:39 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >>
> >> The guy I got my 1994 S420 has a 300SDL he’s looking to get rid of.
> Like the S420, he poured far more money into it than he did driving time,
> and it was supposedly as nice or nicer than the S420 when he bought it a
> few years ago.
> >>
> >> This isn’t the rodbender, is it? What should I look for/ask about?  I
> know the W126 chassis well, but not the M603 engine or relatedc running
> gear.
> >>
> >> I may take a look at it in a week or two.  I would really like to get
> back into a W126, and even better, a diesel.  Back to a simpler time….
> >>
> >> Dan

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/