The 3rd generation Taurus was a bit different. It was the one with the oval rear window. Ford spent a small fortune on the development and it was intended to be much better than the rest of the competitors. Our Taurus was an 86, so first generation. It was ok. I really liked it when it was new. As it aged, it developed some issues - rust - etc. Struts wore out quickly etc but it was a reasonable car for a low price. We bought the Sable to replace it so you can see we were not unhappy with the car. We liked the Sable because it did not have the oval look to it that the Taurus had. The Sable was troublesome in some ways. Little electrical issues bugged us. It was my wife's car and she complained. I should have tried harder to keep her happy. We got rid of it in less than 5 years and took a bath on the depreciation.

RB