Or you can weld a conduit elbow to a subsoiler and bury (24 inches) the
cable using a tractor.  I ran mine about 200 ft.  This was before I had a
tractor so I hired a local guy with a ditcher to dig (and backfill) the
ditch for $1 a foot.  For wire I  used 10-2 UF (with ground) from Lowes,
plastic conduit where it enters and leaves the ground, and direct bury
between.  There is a 20 amp GFCI breaker feeding the circuit and a GFCI
outlet at the other end.  The whole thing probably cost $300 but folks in
rural NC aren't anal about licensed electricians for small jobs.

I would be interested to learn how Andrew's environmentally-friendly
approach works out.