> > On Thu, 3 Sep 2015 15:46:18 -0400 Andrew Strasfogel via
> > Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks - that helps.  I wonder why there is no simple kit
> > that goes from PV to 110 V without all the
> > interconnecting parapernalia, battery, inverters, etc.

> Craig wrote:
>
> Because it cannot be done without all the interconnecting
> paraphernalia (correct spelling).

> PV cells put out low voltage direct current.

> Household power is a moderate voltage alternating current.

> ...you need to store the energy somehow. The easiest
> is in a chemical reaction in a rechargeble battery.

All correct - but I understood the question to be about a kit.

The need for al the "interconnecting paraphernalia" doesn't
mean a "simple kit" can't be packaged and sold.  A box with a
NEMA 5-15 socket on the side and a solar controller, battery,
and inverter inside.  Connect photo-voltaic panel and plug in
your load.