We liked our 86 Sable wagon.  It was still serviceable after 20+ years and
200k+ miles but we decided we needed at least one car that was newer  and
still under warranty the (other cars were 79TD and 82 SD).  We would have
bought another Sable/Taurus but they quit making wagons (SWMBO requirement)
so we got an Outback instead.  Our main complaint with the Sable was the AC
evaporator started leaking and had to be replaced every seven years.  The
Outback has only needed scheduled MX and tires at 50K miles.