> Fred wrote:
>
> Henry V, at Agincourt, his rev-up-the-troops speech.
> Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more and fill
> up the gaps with our english dead. etc.

That is a slight mis-quote. It is "Once more __unto__ the breach..."

     Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
     Or close the wall up with our English dead.
     In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
     As modest stillness and humility:
     But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
     Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Henry V does say "into the breach" - but elsewhere.

     For you shall read that my great-grandfather
     Never went with his forces into France
     But that the Scot on his unfurnish'd kingdom
     Came pouring, like the tide into a breach,