Oh, Seventh Great Granddad Mathew came ashore at BALTIMORE, not Biltmore, how the etc. did THAT get in there?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Moir via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Fred Moir" <fredh.s...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 'ello?

Wilton, Max.Henry V, at Agincourt, his rev-up-the-troops speech.Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more and fill up the gaps with our english dead. etc.Stamford is a lovely olde town in my birth county of Lincolnshire. Happy daze.Stamford Bridge, Yorkshire was the sight of a great battle, english vs norsemen.You can't set foot in the UK without stepping on some ones bones.St. Swithun (Swithin) was an high church leader before the Norman invasion. He seemed to prefer the common people to his peers and many "miracles" were observed after his death.Supposedly he wanted to be buried by the side of the road, so that people would walk over his grave and to let the rain from the eaves fall upon him. Needless to say this did not set too well with the later 13th and 14th century churchmen and he was buried within the pale and inside the church. It rained hard the day his remains were moved and so it is said that if it rains July 15th or July 2nd (actual day) it will rain for 40 days, if fair, the same.TMI, I'm sure.Wilton. Watch out for them Inglish, they're everywhere.

Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred.