Plug one into a Kill-a-watt and measure the current it uses. I think you'll
be surprised.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> There is no heat requirement.  I use low wattage (?) seedling heat pads
> that draw almost no current.  Typically these:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MT10006--19-1-2-Inch-Seedling/dp/B0001WV010/ref=sr_1_1/187-6656968-8374561?ie=UTF8&qid=1441681761&sr=8-1&keywords=seed+heat+pad
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > If you want to go solar...I just did a solar install on the motor home. I
> > put 2 100W panels on the roof, an MPPT controller (so I could wire the
> > panels in series and have the wiring handle the higher voltage more
> > efficiently) and 2 Group 27 deep cycle batteries wired in parallel.  The
> > system works great.  The MH already had a 1600W inverter which I use very
> > little.
> >
> > Total cost for all components was about $750. I spent more on the panels
> > get flexible ones that I could tape with 3M VHB tape to the curved
> > fiberglass roof. Rigid panels would cost about $50-100 less IIRC.
> >
> > The way to go is to figure out what your daily amperage usage would be.
> > Battery capacity should be at least twice that amount, and solar input
> > should obviously be enough to exceed usage.
> >
> > I agree with others that the heat requirement likely would overwhelm the
> > capabilities of a solar system.
> >
> > Greg

OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!