RB asks:

Anyone have any good advice to >pass along apart from what I >already said, which was to toss it and go >buy a new Garmin?

Is it a motorcycle GPS, or strictly for the car? The battery is probably stone dead. Charge it overnight and see if that helps. That said, new(er) models of both Garmin and TomTom have lifetime maps. Maps get expensive to purchase time and time again.
Rick
Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

If he as an iphone, there is a gps app for that. It even had the green sand beach in Hawaii several years ago. You have to hike in there...

I assume there is a similar thing for a google OS fone..  And...something..