I have an old Garman that was becoming increasingly unable to lock onto the satellites to get a position fix. Google showed this to a rather common problem for that model, and I found a tutorial or a utuber vid that showed how to solder a jumper on the circuit board to fix it. I did that and it worked better for awhile but then started acting up again. I finally just bought a new one and this one works fine but it keeps annoying me about the maps. I think it is not under the free map update program, I haven't tried, I never remember to bring the thing in from the truck to fool with it.

I'd say spend the $100 on a new one and be done with it.

--R