Yes, the father of some folks that I went to school with was a mechanic.
He went under a car with a trouble light and gasoline was dripping. It hit the trouble light and ignited. He was badly burned and it likely would have been worse if there had not been someone there who grabbed him by his legs and pulled him out from under the car.

RB