In my case, I didn't realize the springs were different until about three
months after I bought them. I sent a message to the eBay seller and they wanted
all the details as far as application. When that didn't pan out, they got
Lesjofors involved. Despite photographs of the springs side by side clearly
showing they were different, Lesjofors just threw their hands up and said I
must have had some sort of one-off version of a W140. I disputed that by
showing them the EPC page with my VIN showing the proper MB part number, which
they said it was in their application guide.

Never heard back from them. Fortunately, the seller was really good about
taking them back and was involved in the whole process of trying to sort things
out.

In my case, the stock spring was flared out towards the top by a good inch or
more. The spring that Lesjofors said was the correct one was the same diameter
the whole length of the spring.  They even checked the others they had for W140
applications and said that none of them were like mine.

That's been my first foray into MB springs. It just reinforced the lesson of
going to the dealer for the part.

Dan

Sent from my iPad