> > OK Don wrote:
> >
> > I like the idea of having a back-up fossil fuel engine in
> > a hybrid, I just wish they'd use a sensible Diesel
> > engine . . . . .

> Andrew wrote:
>
> Good point.  Probably too heavy to make economic sense...

A diesel isn't necessarily heavy.  Cessna now sells the 182 with ONLY
a diesel cycle engine, and that is a market that is very
weight sensitive.

And the batteries are a much bigger weight penalty than the
engine.

I think it's probably marketing.  In the US, marketing tells
us diesels are for big trucks, wannabe big trucks, and hard
working light trucks only.

Silly marketing.