An escort diesel or a rabbit diesel would get 50 MPG. A quantum/audi 4000 turbodiesel would get 45 MPG fully loaded @70 MPH. that is 40 year old technology.

You mean this one? Interesting! Be great to have one.
Gerry

2016 Mercedes-Benz E250 Bluetec
2.1 L, 4 cyl, Auto 7-spd, Diesel
EPA Fuel Economy
Combined: 33 MPG
City: 28 MPG
Highway: 42 MPG
Annual Fuel Cost*: $1,200
*Based on 45% highway, 55% city driving, 15,000 annual miles and current fuel prices.
Dealer price: $60,000 approx
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2016-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E250-BlueTEC-4MATIC-Scranton-t58315_L30680

www.fueleconomy.gov/

versus

2016 Toyota Prius
1.8 L, 4 cyl, Auto (variable gear ratios), Regular Gasoline
EPA Fuel Economy
Combined: 42 MPG
City: 44 MPG
Highway: 40 MPG
Annual Fuel Cost*: $850
*Based on 45% highway, 55% city driving, 15,000 annual miles and current fuel prices.
Dealer price: $30,000 approx.
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c25239&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25239&zip=18501&distance=NATIONWIDE&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

www.fueleconomy.gov/

Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 I'll never forget the car review comparing a Mercedes E class diesel with a
 Prius, whereby the M-car returned essentially the same fuel consumption in
 far more comfort, safety, and class.  I am pretty sure that was with the V6
 diesel engine; now that we are getting the 4 cylinder in a Mercedes, should
 absolutely put that toada to shame.

 -----
 No virus found in this message.