I am thinking of going 87. Can't bring myself to hot rod the 85 and thereby
reduce whatever value it has to virtually nothing.

Which begs the question, what does a totally rust-free 85 tdt with a new
tranny, rebuilt turbo and top end go for these days with everything but the
center vents working and newish paint? It is actually almost a fast car;
goes like hell after the new head and turbo. Been running synthetic since
82k; has 189k now. Interior presentable but could use new carpet in back
and passenger front. Headliner is fine, sunroof manual, no vacuum leaks.
Basically totally functional but no blow from center vents so I guess that
is next. AC cold, new controller. Yada yada. You get the idea; very good
shape.

Karl