Since I'm now officially privy to "insider" information, I can say
that a major manufacturer is seriously interested in investing in a
large-scale biodiesel manufacturing facility in Whitman county
Warshington.  I spoke at length with a contract lobbyist working with
this entity who wants to incubate and encourage local farmers to grow
canola plants.  Canola is currently running at 9cents a pound, but
he's willing to pay growers in Warshington 15cents as an inducement.
This entity also thinks the mandated 2% rule is the wrong way to go,
if we're to encourage biodiesel production and consumption here in the
NW--carrot v. stick.  I'm personally excited to see the possibility
for production of bio fuels up in these parts.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)