Gerry wrote:
Someone mentioned that there are several of us geezers on the list (those over
about 75 years) in a somewhat critical tone. Younger people (those under 65) do
find us geezers; with our various deficiencies; threatening or disturbing. Just
so they can understand why we have these unique habits, here are explanations
of why the Creator designed us this way:

> > God's plan for aging
> > Most seniors never get enough exercise. In His wisdom God decreed that
> > seniors become forgetful so they would have to search for their
> > glasses, keys and other things thus doing more walking. And God looked
> > down and saw that it was good.
> > Then God saw there was another need. In His wisdom He made seniors
> > lose coordination so they would drop things requiring them to bend,
> > reach & stretch. And God looked down and saw that it was good.
> > Then God considered the function of bladders and decided seniors would
> > have additional calls of nature requiring more trips to the bathroom,
> > thus providing more exercise. God looked down and saw that it was good.
> > So if you find as you age, you are getting up and down more, remember
> > it’s God’s will. It is all in your best interest even though you
> > mutter under your breath.

> > Nine Important Facts To Remember As We Grow Older
> > #9 Death is the number 1 killer in the world.
> > #8 Life is sexually transmitted.
> > #7 Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
> > #6 Men have 2 motivations: hunger and hanky panky, and they can't tell
> > them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.
> > #5 Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to
> > use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe
> > years.
> > #4 Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the
> > hospital, dying of nothing.
> > #3 All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no
> > attention to criticism.
> > #2 In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the
> > world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.
> > #1 Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today may be a
> > burning issue tomorrow.

We geezers allow for the shortsightedness of youth (those under 65) who
assiduously ignore the fact that in a few short years they will be geezers too.
Gerry