The 126 is the epitome of Mercedes Benz.
The SDL is the epitome of the 126 chassis.

Sounds like it may need the center link between the tierods some day, but that is easy and not expensive.

Sounds like a nice car and it should have lower maint. costs than a 140. Especially since he has done all that work. May need upper and lower ball joints some day.

Former owner of my 94 S420 is still interested in swapping for my 2003 S430 even. If you don't recall, here's what he's done with the car since he got it in 2010:

The car spent its entire life in Palm Springs minus one year in Orange County and the last 5 with me. The second owner purchased at 100,000 miles and made the commute to LA. He overheated the car and gave it to a mechanic who subsequently made the repairs and sold to me at 185,XXX. We drove it back to Mobile from California. Current mileage is 195,000 and below are only the major items that have been replaced/repaired. Everything works on the car.

 Items that have been replaced:

 AC System
 Climate Control Unit
 Compressor/Dryer/Hoses
 Suction Discharge hose (which is not made any longer)
 Replaced ALL vac pods
 Spent:  $2,000 A/C shop alone

 Engine
 Rebuilt
 Replaced various metal fuel lines
 Replaced as needed plastic clamps on fuel lines
 Purchased rebuilt cruise control amplifier
Odometer gear went out at 190,000 and was replaced immediately. Wore gear was original.
 Engine mounts
 Replaced various fuel injectors

 Suspension/Brakes
 Idler arm repair kit
 Replaced steering gear box with used unit
 New Michelins at 187,582
 Both tie rods
 Replaced pads, rotors, calipers
 Wheel speed sensors
 Sway bars/links
 Rear sub frame bushings

 Transmission
 Replaced with a rebuilt unit from Silver Star Transmission
 Replaced both flex discs
 Transmission mount

 Body
 Complete repaint $3500
 No rust or rot

 Interior
 Interior swap from 1991 420sel
 Upgraded to leather wheel
 Replaced dash
 New floor mats
 New stereo/speakers

 Needs attention:
 SRS light on (clock springs have been replaced), still need to diagnose
 Antilock light intermittent
 Both rear speaker grills are cracked.  Need repair/paint
 Front door speaker grills need repaint
 Small oil drip- have not investigated
Driver seat has tear on left side of seat bottom and mesh in center of bottom has come apart at the seams in two spots.
 Either one or both of the headlamp washers are inoperable

What do you guys think? It's obviously to my advantage if I was interested in such a car.

Dan am I nuts or what?

Sent from my iPad