-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Rentfro
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:57 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] speaking of LT don and his recent post...

It must have been '96 or '97 or so when I joined the local MBCA chapter.

They had a scavenger hunt outing at the Barrett Jackson Aution (before
it
was crazy expensive to get near it). Boy child and I went, kicked booty
on
the scavenger hunt (filling out info on MB stuff at the auction) and
then
went out to eat with the club oldesters. At some point during the night,

someone was talking about how the guys with older cars (they all had
wicked
new ones, of course) are talking on that new fangled internet thing and
someone gave me Kathy Kennels phone number. I called her the next day
and
she hooked me up. I seem to remember...in those days it was Herr Doktor
Booth, Kathy, Dan Penoff, Walt Lasher, RE, etc...but I could be making
that
up...I've slept several times since then.

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 148K
'01 VW Beetle TDI 61K
Litchfield Park, AZ