I bet you nearly erupted with fatherly pride...

Bob Rentfro

----- Original Message ----- From: "B Dike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] speaking of LT don and his recent post...

I bought the 82 300CD at a neighborhood yard sale and started looking for ideas when the Seattle M-B dealer quoted me $9400 for some engine work. Found mbz.org and bought a good motor from a fellow lister for $100, successfully installed it with a stream of online assistance. We're still at it, only one rule: Car must be running and licensed in short order.

True story: One Sunday the minister at our church brought all the children up to the front of the entire congregation, and inquired if anyone knew of a hobby that could turn into an obsession. Our six year old immediately chirped out "Like fixing old cars??" The church went totally silent and I could feel all the eyes turning my way while I stared straight ahead...

 Bruce

"Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Would be interesting to find out how people came to be on this list(or
the previous mbz.org)

I will start, I was lead to the RE and MBCA list by Diann Quinn from
Chicago(wisonsin maybe), signed up.  Was on the MBCA list till it was
canned by the high and mighty at the home office.  Later kicked off the
RE list and was a founding charter memember of mbz.org in 98(or was it
99?)  Anyway, thats my story.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'
85 300CD 240kmi 'Hers'
75 240D 202kmi 'Donner'